CLICK ON THE CATEGORY OF ROLLS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!
Sterling Machinery Exchange Buys, sells and Trades New and Used Plate Rolls and Angle Rolls. With so many brands and sizes available it is important to verify your parts will work on the machine and what tooling you may need to perform the correct application. Plate rolls or sheet metal rolls are for Sheet metal and Metal plate. If you are bending tube, pipe, and bar than a Angle Roll or Roll Bender is what you are looking for.
What is a Plate Roll?
A plate roll is a type of roll bending machine used for bending metal sheets and plates. It’s designed specifically for rolling flat sheets and plates. It consists of three rollers arranged in a pyramid shape, with the top and bottom rollers being driven and the middle roller being idle. The sheet or plate is fed through the rollers, which apply force to bend it into a curve or a cylinder. Plate rolls are often used in industries such as shipbuilding, construction, and metal fabrication.
Who Manufactures Plate Rolls?
There are several manufacturers of plate rolls, each offering a range of models with different capacities, sizes, and features. Some of the most popular brands of plate rolls include:Bertsch, Roundo, Eagle, Faccin, Biko, Davi, Haeusler, Sahinler, MG SRL, IMCAR
The "best" plate roll is up to you and your specific requirements and application of the operator. Each manufacturer of these machines has its own strengths and weaknesses, and specializes in different types of plate rolls. Some manufacturers produce heavy-duty plate rolls, and others have models that can handle more precise and complex bending operations. Sterling Machinery Exchange and Fabrication is there to explain the difference for you helping you make a decision.
What are the popular types of plate rolls?
Plate rolls come in various types and sizes depending on their capacity and specific applications.
- Three-Roll Plate Rolls: the most common type of plate rolls and are typically used for medium to heavy-duty applications. They consist of three rollers arranged in a pyramid shape, with the top and bottom rollers being driven and the middle roller being idle.
- Four-Roll Plate Rolls: Four-roll plate rolls have two driven rolls and two idle rolls. They are ideal for heavy-duty applications where precise and accurate bending is required.
- Double Pinch Plate Rolls: Double pinch plate rolls have the top and bottom rolls that move independently, providing more flexibility for the operator to achieve tighter and more complex bends.
- Variable Geometry Plate Rolls: These are advanced plate rolls that can roll cones, cylinders, and complex shapes with varying radii. They are ideal for applications that require a high degree of precision and accuracy.
What is the most Powerful type of Plate Roll?
Hydraulic Plate Rolls: A hydraulic plate roll is a type of plate roll that is driven by hydraulic power. Hydraulic plate rolls use hydraulic cylinders to apply pressure to the rollers, The hydraulic system allows for variable speed and pressure, enabling operators to control the bending process more precisely. Hydraulic plate rolls are generally more powerful and versatile than manual or motorized plate rolls because they handle heavier and thicker materials with ease
What sizes are available for a hydraulic plate roll?
Hydraulic plate rolls come in various sizes and configurations, ranging from small benchtop models to large industrial machines capable of bending plates several meters wide and several centimeters thick. They are commonly used in industries such as metal fabrication, shipbuilding, and construction, where precise and efficient bending of metal sheets and plates is required. The size of the hydraulic plate roll is typically determined by its capacity, which is the maximum thickness and width of the metal sheets or plates it can bend.
Some common sizes for hydraulic plate rolls include:
- Small benchtop models with a capacity of 1-2 mm thickness and 20-30 cm width.
- Medium-sized machines with a capacity of 6-10 mm thickness and 1-2 meters width.
- Large industrial machines with a capacity of up to 100 mm thickness and several meters width.
Larger capacity machines are typically used for heavier-duty applications, while smaller machines are used for lighter-duty applications or for use in smaller workshops.
What is An Angle Roll- AKA ROLL BENDER?
Angle Rolls are also known as roll benders. Angle rolls are used for bending metal The angle roll is designed for bending angle iron, channel iron, and other workpieces. It has three rollers, arranged in a horizontal plane. The bottom two rollers are fixed, while the top roller is adjustable and can be moved up and down to accommodate different angles and profiles. Angle rolls are often used in industries such as steel fabrication, manufacturing, and metalworking.
What should I look for when
purchasing either a Plate Roll or Angle Roll?
When purchasing a plate roll or angle roll, there are several factors to consider to ensure you select the right machine for your needs
- Capacity: The capacity of the machine is one of the most important factors to consider. Make certain the machine you choose is suitable for the types and thicknesses of metal you plan to bend.
- Size: The size of the machine should also be considered, as it should fit within the space you have available in your workshop or factory.
- Features: Features such as the control system, the speed of operation, and the ability to handle complex bending operations should be considered.
- Quality: Look for a machine that is made from high-quality materials and components, as this will ensure it lasts for many years and performs reliably.
- Service and Support: Good after-sales service and support, such as training, maintenance, and repair services is essential.
- Price: Good value and meeting all of your requirements is as important as the price..
- Reputation: The reputation of the manufacturer or supplier of the machine will give you an indication of their reliability and the quality of their products they sell. Sterling Machinery Exchange has been involved in metal fabrication since 1954.
What are Plate Roll Benders or Angle Rolls USED FOR?
Roll benders are machines that are used to bend metal bars, tubes, and profiles into various shapes and sizes. They are commonly used in industries such as metalworking, fabrication, and construction, where precise and efficient bending of metal components is required. Some of the common applications of roll benders include:
- Pipe and Tube Bending: Roll benders are widely used for bending pipes and tubes into various shapes and sizes, such as circular, oval, square, or rectangular. They are commonly used in the manufacturing of metal structures, including handrails, fences, and gates.
- Metal Profile Bending: Roll benders are also used for bending metal profiles, such as angles, channels, and beams, into various shapes and sizes. This is a common process in the fabrication of metal frames and structures.
- Ornamental Ironwork: Roll benders are used for creating decorative metalwork, such as scrolls, curves, and spirals, for applications such as staircases, balconies, and gates.
- Automotive and Aerospace Applications: Roll benders are used for producing parts and components for the automotive and aerospace industries, such as exhaust pipes, roll cages, and structural components.
- Artistic Applications: Roll benders are often used by metal artists and sculptors to create unique and intricate metalwork pieces.
Overall, roll benders are versatile machines that can bend various types of metal components into a wide range of shapes and sizes, making them a vital tool in many industries that work with metal.
Who Manufactures Angle Rolls?
There are several manufacturers of angle rolls, each offering a range of models with different capacities, sizes, and features. Some of the most popular brands of angle rolls include: Baileigh, Roundo, Ercolina, Faccin, Biko, Davi, Haeusler, Sahinler, MG SRL, IMCAR
Consulting with industry experts at Sterling Machinery Exchange and Fabrication can assist you in making an informed decision when selecting a manufacturer of angle rolls.
What is the Cost of a Plate roll or Angle roll?
The cost of a plate roll can vary widely depending on the size, capacity, and features of the machine.
Small benchtop models can cost a few thousand dollars, while larger industrial machines with high capacities can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. As a rough estimate, the cost of a hydraulic plate roll can range from $5,000 to $500,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Advantages or Disadvantages NEW OR USED?
Whether it's better to purchase a plate roll or angle roll new or used depends on several factors, such as the budget, specific needs, and the availability of the machine.
Advantages: New Plate Roll or Angle Roll:
Comes with a warranty and guarantees from the manufacturer
Equipped with the latest technology and features
No wear and tear or previous damage
Customizable to fit specific requirements
Disadvantages: New Plate Roll or Angle Roll:
Generally more expensive than used machines
May take longer to receive as they are often made to order
May require additional costs for installation, training, and maintenance
Used Plate Roll or Angle Roll:
Generally less expensive than new machines
Available for immediate delivery or pickup
May be suitable for smaller scale or less demanding applications
Can be a good option for businesses with a limited budget
May have wear and tear or previous damage that can affect performance
No warranty or guarantees from the manufacturer
- May not have the latest technology or features
- May require additional costs for repair and maintenance
Things to Consider when buying a NEW OR USED PLATE ROLL?
The decision of whether to buy a new or used plate roll or angle roll will depend on individual circumstances, such as budget, the specific application, and the availability of machines
There are several important features to consider When choosing a plate roll.:
- Capacity: The capacity of the plate roll is one of the most important features to consider. It should be able to handle the thickness and width of the metal sheets that you plan to roll.
- Size: The size of the plate roll should be appropriate for the size of the metal sheets you plan to work with, as well as the space available in your workshop or factory.
- Control System: A user-friendly control system that allows for easy adjustment of the bending rolls is important. Look for a plate roll with features such as programmable controllers, digital readouts, and intuitive interfaces.
- Speed: The speed at which the plate roll can roll metal sheets is an important consideration, as it can affect productivity and efficiency. Look for a machine with adjustable speed control, as this allows for a more flexible and precise operation.
- Precision: The precision and accuracy of the plate roll is also important, especially for complex bending operations. Look for a machine that has high-quality rollers, bearings, and other components that can ensure precise and repeatable bends.
- Durability: The durability of the machine is also an important feature to consider. Look for a machine that is made from high-quality materials and components, as this can ensure a long service life and reduce the need for maintenance and repairs.
- Safety: Safety features of the plate roll is an important consideration for operators. Look for a machine with features such as emergency stop buttons, safety guards, and interlocks, to ensure safe and reliable operation.
BUY OR SELL USED ROLL BENDERS AND PLATE ROLLING MACHINERY
Determining the right Plate Roll or Angle roll, consider the capacity, size, and features of the machine. Consulting with industry experts at Sterling Machinery Exchange and Fabrication will you help in making the best and most informed decision on purchasing new or used equipment. Sterling Machinery Exchange and Fabrication has over 70 years of TRUSTED & PROVEN knowledge in the industrial world. Sell your used equipment to the leaders in the industry. We Offer Auctions, Liquidations, and Appraisals.
We know how, and where to advertise your Used Machinery and pay top dollar. Immediate CASH!. With our extensive database we will reach the right customer for you. Save yourself time, money, aggravation. Focus on your current business while we take care of all the paperwork, shipping, billing, inspection and refurbishing. We can buy one machine or your entire plant! We have experience in Auctions, Liquidations and Appraisals. Don’t hesitate to ask us. CALL STERLING MACHINERY EXCHANGE AND FABRICATION NOW! (626) 444-0311
NEW & USED ROLLS
Looking for New and Used Plate Metal Rolls and Angle Roll Benders?
We Have Dozens Of Metal Rolls For Sale In Stock.
Rolling is a fabricating process in which the metal, is passed through a pair of rolls. In flat rolling, the final shape of the product is either classed as sheet (typically thickness less than 3 mm, also called "strip") or plate (typically thickness more than 3 mm).
We Buy & Sell All Types Of Metal Lathes Such As: