50 Ton Brand New Piranha Hydraulic Ironworker, Mdl. P-50, Punch Station, Angle Shear, Flat Shear Station, Coper-Notcher Station, Urethane Stripper Assembly, Hold Down Assembly, Electric Foot Switch, Electric Limit Switches, Coupling Wrench, Quick Change Tooling, Instruction/Parts Book, #SMP50
Why Buy A Piranha P-50 Ironworker
Piranha P-50 ironworker machines are the entry-level of the iconic line of Piranha hydraulic ironworker machines, but they don’t lack the toughness and precision expected from a Piranha Ironworker. P-50 also has a nice list of available attachments to enhance its usefulness.
- Industry leading cycle times—punch holes in less time than other ironworkers.
- Urethane Strippers—Results in less part distortion, faster cycle times, no need for stripper height adjustment.
- Integrated notching station—Low shear removes fillet for precise, burr-free cuts and clean notches.
- Ergonomics—Convenient work height and visibility for all stations. The single work height also provides added benefits when using roller feed tables.
- Urethane Stripper Attachment- keeps material flat through the punching process, eliminating
distortion. The shorter required stroke gives you a faster punching cycle.
- Mechanical Shear Hold-downs- clamps material at change of material thickness. Part movement is eliminated by clamping the part throughout the entire shearing cycle.
- Visibility- a direct line of sight over the hold down bar allows the operator to easily and accurately line up cuts to the shear blades.
- Flat Bar Shear- the low rake angle shear design results in flatter and higher quality sheared parts. Shear blades have four usable edges giving you a longer life and less expensive blades.
- Angle Shear- the square upper angle knife has four cutting radius to better fit the angle being sheared, giving you lower distortion and a higher quality cut.
- Coper Notcher- the low rake angle blade keeps part flat and under control during notching.
- Mechanical Hold Down
- Coupling Wrench
- Punch Holder, Urethane Stripper, & Die Block
- 1/2” Allen Wrench
- Set of Angle Knives
- Foot Switch
- Set of Coper Knives
- Set of 13” Plate Shear Knives
- Instruction/Parts Book/Video Link
Piranha P-50 Ironworker ATTACHMENTS
The bending attachments are designed to increase productivity on the punch end of the machine. The 6” versions are mounted parallel to the beam allowing you unlimited throat depth, while the 12″ version mounts perpendicular to the beam. The 6” bending attachment comes with a single “V” opening. The 12” bending attachment includes a 4-way bending die with openings of 7/8”, 1-1/8”, 1-1/2” and 2”.
OVERSIZE PUNCHING ATTACHMENTS
Oversize Attachments mount in place of standard punch attachment and are designed to punch a 50-ton maximum hole.
QUICKSET GAUGING TABLES
The quickset gauging table option is a productivity tool for the punch end. The gauging table mounts around the die block and uses finger stops to repeat a series of punched holes in flat bar or angle. The attachment comes with a table and flat bar gauge with measuring rules for easy hole location layout. A 5’ or 10’ extension can be added to the left or right side of the base table for longer part processing.
The backgauge option is a productivity tool for the shearing section. The backgauge mounts on the drop side of the machine and uses a compression sleeve for infinite, easy adjustment to gauge cut lengths in the angle, flat bar and round bar shearing stations. A support leg is included with the 9’ version.
PIPE NOTCHING ATTACHMENTS
The pipe notching attachments mount easily on the platen table in place of the punch die block. This is a single notch system. To notch both sides of the pipe you must rotate the pipe and realign with the notching die for the second notch.
The pipe notching attachment is made up of three separate pieces, the pipe notching die holder, the pipe notching die and the pipe notching striker.
- The pipe notching die holder is a universal die holder that bolts to the platen table and can accept 3/4” through 2” Schedule 40 Pipe Notching Dies
- The pipe notching dies are spring return die sets that mount in the pipe notching die holder. Standard sizes of pipe notching dies are 3/4”, 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” and 2” Schedule 40. Other sizes of pipe and tube notching dies are available upon request but may require a different die holder.
- The pipe notching striker is an extended flat bottom punch used in your standard stripper assembly to press down the pipe notching die.
What ironworkers are the best? Scotchman or Piranha?
Benefits of Piranha Hydraulic Ironworkers over Scotchman Hydraulic Ironworkers (50 Ton Model P-50 Vs 5014-EC)
The hydraulic ironworker is a valuable tool for cutting and punching metal in industrial manufacturing. When comparing two of the industry's leading brands - Piranha and Scotchman - there are several advantages that make Piranha hydraulic ironworkers stand out. The 50 ton model (P-50) is better suited for precision work than the Scotchman 5014-EC model.
Increased Speed & Productivity
Piranha hydraulic ironworkers offer greater speed and productivity than Scotchman models. With faster cutting speeds, operators can complete more jobs in less time, resulting in greater output and reduced costs. Additionally, the quick release shear blade clamping system allows for blade changes with minimal effort, decreasing downtime between jobs.
Better Accuracy & Control
Piranha hydraulic ironworkers provide superior accuracy and control when cutting complex shapes or making precision cuts at tight tolerances. This makes them ideal for jobs that require precise cuts or intricate shapes, as it eliminates the need for additional machining or costly adjustments afterwards.
More Durable Materials & Components
Piranha hydraulic ironworker frames are made from heavy-duty steel plates that are more durable than those used on most Scotchman models. The higher tensile strength of these materials ensures they will perform consistently under high stress applications while maintaining their shape over extended periods of use. Additionally, their components feature tough alloy steel gears which are resistant to wear and tear, improving longevity and reducing maintenance costs over time.
For most industrial applications, Piranha hydraulic ironworkers offer a superior performance advantage over traditional Scotchman models such as the 50 ton P-50 or 5014-EC. Not only do they provide greater speed, accuracy and durability but they also reduce operational costs due to improved productivity and lower maintenance requirements.
All quotations subject to prior sale.
New pricing is good only at time of invoice and must be paid Immediately to guarantee no price increases by the manufacturers.
Make sure to get insurance, as this is not usually included. All machines come banded and strapped to a pallet unless instructed otherwise.
Crating is optional and comes at extra charge.
Loading docks or ramps are required! If you do not have one, inform the shipping company and there will more than likely be an extra charge.
Sterling Machinery Exchange can help you with shipping worldwide. We ship daily and can get amazing shipping rates to make your purchase easier
Please let us know your information and we can find out the cost to your door!
Types of Trucking We Offer:
*TRUCKLOAD SHIPPING* The Full Truckload Advantage encompasses a comprehensive, end-to-end range of cargo transit and logistics solutions, backed by cutting-edge shipping analytic and monitoring technology.
- Reduced Cost Per Unit
- Shortened Transit Times
- Fewer Damages
- Dedicated Capacity
- More Cargo Insurance
- Thousands of Carriers to Choose From
- Ail or Rubber Tire Option
- Full Truckload
- Standard 48' Flatbed
- Step Deck
- Removable Goose Neck
- Curtain Van
- Partial Truckload
- Consolidated Truckloads
- Volume LTL
- Dedicated Partial Truckload
- Specialized Services
- Cross Dock
- E-track/Logistical Trailers
- Break Bulk
- Short Term Warehousing
- TWIC/TSA Services
- White Glove
- 48' and 53' Containers
- 20', 40', and 45'
- International Containers & High Cubes
- Drayage (Port, Rail)
- *LTL SHIPPING*
Our LTL shipping offers a best-in-class proprietary Transportation Management System tailored to the needs of LTL shippers. CARRIER RATE 2.0 provides an industry-leading, all-in-one solution for obtaining quotes, booking, and managing shipments.
- Choose your carrier based on cost, transit time, and preference
- Choose from industry leading carriers for your specific shipment
- Schedule pickups with one click!
- Track and manage your shipments online
- Enter Origin & Destination Zip Codes
- Select Package Type
- Enter Pallet Count for Pallet Rate
- Enter Class and Weight
- Add Accessorials
- *EXPEDITED SHIPPING*
We understand our transportation and logistics customers are looking for ways to save time and money. Air freight shipping means on-time delivery is a top priority. Our technology, relationships, and team of industry professionals provide an unparalleled ability to meet your most important shipping needs. Services Offerings
- Next Flight Out (NFOâ€™s)
- Next Day by 1030
- Exclusive Use Vehicles (E.U.V.â€™s)
- Next Day by Noon
- Local Pickup/Delivery
- Next Day by 5pm
- 2nd Day by 1030
- 2nd Day by Noon
- 2nd Day by 5pm
- 3rd Day by 1030
- 3rd Day by Noon
- 3rd Day by 5pm
- 3-5 Day Economy Ground
- Trade Show Pickup/Delivery
- Weekend Pickup/Delivery
- Export/Import Freight
- After Hours Pickup/Delivery
- Project Freight/Distributions
- Aircraft Charters
- Ocean Services